Have you ever needed to convince management that your company needs team building? Did you need to provide reasons why team building is important. As a team building facilitation company, of course we believe team building events are important and absolutely essential to the success of your team, but we realize that not everyone gets why team building is necessary. To help you convince management that team building is necessary, we have put together a list of reasons why team building is important.
Related: The Benefits of Team Building
Reasons Why Team Building is Important
- Team building help team members set common goals and effective goal setting is essential to the success of a team.
- Team building help management assess the members of the team and gives them the opportunity to see how everyone work together in different situations. When a team have to solve problems under pressure, strengths and weaknesses of team members come to the fore.
- Team building often places teams in engaging situations that require attention and critical thinking. The right team building activities will encourage team members to think on their feet and find instant solutions to problems.
- Team building assists in defining roles within the team. During team building activities, participants tend to realize their strengths and ultimately their role in the team. Some team members may come forward as leaders, while others show critical thinking abilities.
- Team building is an effective vehicle for cultivating communication within the team.
- Team building is also about having fun and laughing together. Laughing together is an effective way to enhance relationships in a team and unites a team during difficult times.
- Team building improves morale among team members.
- Team building is a fun, participative and non threatening way to break down any existing barriers that may exist in the team.
- Team building exercises can be customized to develop specific skills that are required in the team.
- Team building often identifies leadership qualities in a team member which may have not been noticed before.
- Team building is a great way to bring your team together and help team members to get to know each other better which in turn leads to better relationships within the team.
- Team building highlights differences in the team and creates respect for different cultures and personalities in the team.
- Team building fosters team spirit that can be carried over to the workplace.
- Team building will help to motivate your team to finish that important project before the deadline.
- Team building is a great way to reward your team and give recognition to team members for their contribution to the team.
- Team building encourages cooperation in a team and every member is encouraged to participate. Team members learn that the role of each team member is important. Team building creates a sense of connectedness and interpersonal support among the team.
- Team building leads to successful companies. Strong, happy and unified teams are crucial to the success of a company. Companies need teams that work as a unit and are willing to assist each other. Working as a team leads to the improvement of operations, finishing projects on time and efficiently satisfying the requirements of clients.
Still not convinced? This what some of our customers had to say about team building.
What Our Customers Say About Team Building
“We would like to say a big thank you to your team for facilitating our Minute to win-it session this afternoon. Your team was absolutely fantastic and really re-ignited our teams’ energy after a busy audit season.” Kerryn Lee, Financial Manager, Tarsus
“We would like to express our most sincere gratitude to you for all your assistance throughout .The team building was a huge success; everyone says they had so much fun .Wayne and Zuma did an amazing job as facilitators, tell them to keep up the good job!!!” Veronica Kgautlhe, Barclays Life Botswana
“I just wanted to thank you for arranging this team building session. We benefited tremendously from this and I would recommend this to anyone. Ian is a fantastic facilitator.” Dr Carola Kirchner, Namibian Project Coordinator, Benguala Current Convention
“Thank you once more for being of assistance. I would like to express my satisfactory by complimenting the two facilitators who were assigned to us, Mr James and Mr Tebogo. The two gentlemen are experienced, they have done a sterling job, and were able to stir my team to the right direction. The activities were appropriate and fit so well to our theme. Words cannot express the huge impact they left on us, my management team were so impressed and cannot stop talking about the sterling job they have done. Well done. Thanks TBAE for the great service, you are the best and super professional. Looking forward to working with you in future.” Lebo Maphosa, NNR
“Just a quick note to say thank you for the awesome team building last week. Our team had a blast. The team build achieved what it set out to do, teamwork and also enjoying what you do. The facilitators were great and did an excellent job with getting the team going and to participate.” Veni, Standard Bank
As you can see there are many reasons why team building is important. The question is really not whether team building is important, but can your team afford not to do team building.