For every team member that believes and works for the team the chances of success go up exponentially. That is the reason why it is so important in teamwork and team building, as it provides a greater chance of success.
Some Things to Do
- Promote an active learning climate for the team
- Try to relate the team building strategies to the team’s work
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with new strategies
- Constantly evaluate both your output and your process. In short, ask regularly, "How are we doing?
Some Things to Avoid
- Being aggressive -- instead of assertive
- Failing to let others express their opinions
- Inadequate planning
Some Things to Consider
Encouraging teamwork means making a commitment, and requires practice. The process is not instant and take some time, so be patient. Do not be discouraged by mistakes, learn from them.
More Team Building Articles
Defining a Successful Team
Types of Teams
The Forming Stage of Team Development
The Storming Stage of Team Development
The Norming Stage of Team Development
The Performing Stage of Team Development
Effective Team Building Activities
Making the Most of Team Meetings
Solving Problems as a Team
History of Team Building
Team Building Coordinators and Facilitators
Benefits of Team Building
Types of Team Building Excercises
Team Building Methods
What is Team Building?